I wrote these top ten 2012 AJW New Years Resolutions for a podcast interview AJW and I did together with ultrarunnerpodcast.com this week. Check out the podcast interview here. Oh, and if you couldn’t tell, the self-imposed moratorium on poking fun at AJW is over. I really appreciate that AJW The Taker crewed me at Grindstone and transformed himself, at least temporarily, into AJW The Giver. But, this is just too much fun. Thanks to Monkeyboy and my wife for their contributions.
10. After watching how much it helped LB at Grindstone, I will try an ice quad massage at Michigan Bluff during Western States.
9. I vow to be more accepting of other points of view except when it comes to DNFs. Only weak-minded people DNF.
8. I will blog about female ultrarunning at least once a month in 2012.
7. Even though I’m really liking the clown shoes Karl sent me, I promise to go the whole year without changing sponsors.
6. I am going to attempt 24 hours of oral “fasting” on the words “Western States”
4. I’ll try not to respond to every barb from LB by mentioning the 10 year bet.
3. I promise to take a “family” vacation some place other than Auburn or Silverton.
2. I will crew at least one of my friends this year … at a 100 miler of his or her choice, not mine.
1. Even though this one got me through eight Western States which all but guarantees my ten year buckle, I will buy a new jockstrap this year.
Got anymore for him?