Since Way Too Cool 50K is coming up in a week, how about a WTC trivia contest? Rules are simple. Answer the ten questions and the extra credit below. You get one answer per question and they must be submitted as comments to this post (you can spread your answers over many comments). First person to answer a question correctly gets 5 points. Extra credit also worth 5 points. Person with the most points wins a Conduct The Juices t-shirt. Contest ends on March 16, 2009 at noon PST. If you’ve already won a shirt in a previous contest (WS 1980’s video contest or WSER course trivia contest) please let others have a chance to win a shirt.
- What are the names of the three creeks you cross on the ALT to ALT loop?
- Why is the Dead Truck Trail so named?
- What’s the name of the trail where Ball Bearing hill is?
- What parts of the WTC course are on the Western States Trail Ride course?
- What parts of the WTC course are on the Western States Endurance Run course?
- How can you take 10 minutes off your time on the ALT to ALT loop?
- Who is the Olmstead loop trail named after?
- Where does the paved road that we start on go?
- Why is there a Barbara Schoener Memorial just east of ALT?
- What was the original name of the WTC race?
Extra Credit: What’s the name of the barkeep at the Georgetown Hotel?
Bonus Challenge: A hoodie to the first person who can get the barkeep at the Georgetown Hotel to sing a duet with them after this year’s race.