Are you jonesing for a little time on the WS trail like I am? Can’t wait to smell the dust and the manzanita? Well, for those of us that don’t live close to the trail, let’s live vicariously through another trivia contest. If you don’t have a lot of experience on the trail this might be fun for you to learn a little about some of the landmarks or sections. If you have spent a lot of time on the course, well, the questions might seem easy.
This contest is similar to the 1980s video contest although you probably don’t need to watch any videos to answer the questions and I’m going to make the rules simpler. Answer the ten questions and extra credit below the map. You get one answer per question and answers must be submitted via comments to this post. First person to answer a question gets 5 points. Person with the most points gets a Conduct The Juices T-shirt. Extra credit also worth 5 points. Contest closes on Feb 18 at noon PST.
- What year was the Cal St section added to the run course?
- When did the No Hands Bridge get hand rails?
- Where’s the Shortcut Trail?
- When was the Pucker Point Trail first used in the run course?
- What miles of the current course go through the Granite Chief Wilderness Area?
- Where is the halfway mark on the course?
- Where’s the best place to find a shower curtain on the course?
- Who built the Swinging Bridge?
- What years has the race used the alternate snow course on Mosquito Ridge Rd?
- What is the “Elevator Shaft?”
Extra Credit: What color is the Green Gate?