Here are ten of the best “compliments” I’ve received.
10. You have the best blog in ultrarunning … because your posts are not about you.
9. You’re not old LB, you just act that way.
8. I’m glad you led for the first three miles … so I could practice my 72-hour pace.
7. Your race is an old-school boutique ultra.
6. Yes, you are the Good Son … your brother is the Gooder Son.
5. You were on the first page of the results!
4. People may appear to be laughing at you, but there’s a chance they’re not.
3. With your sub-5 mile I’d think you’d be faster than me at 50K.
2. I like your hat … your head doesn’t look too big in it.
1. I want to train with you because I want to learn how to run slow.
Thanks, everybody. You sure know how to make a guy feel good about himself.
Intelligent, thoughtful, and funny…the best blog in ultrunning!
You resemble that remark? The best part of that exchange was Meghan was there and instead of acknowledging her “Queeness” you acknowledged Conduct The Juices. We got some mileage out of that. Thanks!
I feel honored to have garnered a top ten, you know I’ve also used that compliment on a seven time WS champion. Esteemed company you keep.