Here are ten of the best “compliments” I’ve received.
10. You have the best blog in ultrarunning … because your posts are not about you.
9. You’re not old LB, you just act that way.
8. I’m glad you led for the first three miles … so I could practice my 72-hour pace.
7. Your race is an old-school boutique ultra.
6. Yes, you are the Good Son … your brother is the Gooder Son.
5. You were on the first page of the results!
4. People may appear to be laughing at you, but there’s a chance they’re not.
3. With your sub-5 mile I’d think you’d be faster than me at 50K.
2. I like your hat … your head doesn’t look too big in it.
1. I want to train with you because I want to learn how to run slow.
Thanks, everybody. You sure know how to make a guy feel good about himself.