Guest Post by SLF (Rob Cain)
When I suggested this topic to Mr. Balls, he turned it around and offered it as a guest blog. I think when you’re desperate enough for a topic to confront the ways in which your wife loves you, you’ve started to hit bottom. My guess is until the lottery, or at least until he knows he’s in, we’re not going to have too many blogs about his obsession.
So, the topic of the day is best songs for running. I know the USATF wouldn’t approve of the subject, but let’s go for it anyway. I’m one of those guys who runs by myself frequently and always listens to music when solo. Oh, I know what I’m missing: the song of the wind, the mighty percussion of the crickets, the battering of the woodpeckers, and the yawn of the mighty puma as I pass by. I’m sorry, but I love music.
So, I’m offering my five favorites in order. I don’t think we want the blog responses (please let there be responses) listing every song that someone listened to from Foresthill to Auburn. Please, no more than your top five. Here are mine:
- LA Woman by the Doors. The beat is exactly right for my running. And it’s over 7 minutes long. Fantastic.
- Can’t Stop Running by Todd Rundgren. Huge Todd fan here, and well, we can’t stop running can we?
- Tremble For My Beloved by Collective Soul.
- Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz.
- The Call of the Ktula by Metallica (The version off the S & M disc (they played with the San Francisco Symphony. Oh, and yes, I was at that concert).