This post has little to do with running, but, with my wife in Hawaii soaking up the sun and hanging out with my outlaws, I’ve had a little time to reflect on why she has put up with me for 23 years of marriage plus three years living in sin. So this is what I’ve come up with for the top ten things she loves about me.
10. My ability to live comfortably while she’s away. I promise to clean up before you come home.
9. I fertilize the rug with my fingernail clippings.
8. My obsession with Western States. Honey, registration for the 2010 event starts on October 1! Wanna go to the lottery in December?
7. My sleeping habits. I really don’t understand why you don’t want a TV in the bedroom.
6. My guns, as in biceps (hmmm, maybe that’s somebody else?).
5. All the opportunities I provide to help with ski patrol, Where’s Waldo, trailwork, aid stations, etc.
4. I make large bets and put thousands of dollars, the truck, or the house on the line.
3. My awareness and concern for water consumption by only showering once a week or so. Hot tubs are great!
2. My part-time work status for the last, what is it, 20 years.
1. My collection of running shoes.