Here are ten excuses AJW can use when he doesn’t break 5 minutes for the mile on November 23.
- “I’m a 100 mile runner.”
- “I live at altitude and can’t get the leg turnover in training.”
- “You took us through the half in 2:30 and drained the kick out of me.”
- “I only had two beers the night before.”
- “I wanted to help your self-esteem, LB.”
- “Wow, I didn’t know 5 minute pace was that fast. It looks easy when you run it, LB.”
- “I just assumed it was a beer mile.”
- “There’s three feet of snow in my front yard.”
- “It was raining. If it were in Idaho we would have canceled the race.”
- “I suck on the track, OK. Is that what you want to hear, LB?”
Got any others for him?